how does this thing work?

OPEN FILTERS

how does this thing work?

TAGS :

Postby mlarudee » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:14 pm

I cannot fathom how this thing works. I want data on the wheat price to consumers, or the price of wheat flour, in Tunisia from about 2002 to 2011.

I tried downloading the whole data set; "access denied". I tried using the country/region tab; it would not give me the wheat price in Tunisia. I could not browse the data I wanted. When I tried to export the data on the consumer food price index (as a substitute for the wheat price) as an Excel file, the download never finished and I was unable to open the Excel file. This happened twice.

I hope you will not eliminate the old version before the new version actually starts working. I hope you get the new version to work.
mlarudee

Re: how does this thing work?

TAGS : Technical

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:07 pm

Dear Sir/Madame,

many thanks for your question and for your interest in FAOSTAT price domain.

In order to able able to properly reply to your question, could you please explain me more in detail which dataset you are looking at?

Actually, if you are looking at wheat retail prices in Tunisia, you might have a look to FAO GIEWS price tool available at http://www.fao.org/giews/pricetool/ where monthly domestic retail and/or wholesale price series are disseminated.

Kindest regards,

Fabiana Cerasa
Statistician
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
Statistics Division - Economic and Environmental Statistics
Viale Terme di Caracalla, 00153 Rome, Italy
Tel: (+39) 0657055229

Return to Ideas/Suggestions