map boundary file

OPEN FILTERS

map boundary file

TAGS : Technical Content and Metadata

Postby Bert McInnis » Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:25 am

Can one download the boundary map file you use for your display so I can use it for visula inspection of analysis I preform with your data?
Bert McInnis

Re: map boundary file

Postby faostatTeam » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:34 am

FAOSTAT uses the Global Administrative Unit Layers (GAUL) dataset for displaying data on maps. This dataset is a compilation of the best data sources made available to FAO by its users. Because of embedded data licenses (e.g. the international boundaries are complying with the ones of United Nations Cartographic Section), GAUL can not be freely distributed. Access to the GAUL dataset is granted upon a request made to the FAO Statistics Division through the GAUL point of contact.

You may find more information at the link below:
http://www.fao.org/geonetwork/srv/en/me ... w?id=12691

The FAOSTAT team
faostatTeam

map boundary file

Postby Edwardwrede » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:06 pm

You can also use the search function with whatever words you can think of. Geographical features are commonplace map names, of course.
Edwardwrede

Re: map boundary file

TAGS :

Postby CR7ronaldo7 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:02 pm

Edwardwrede wrote:
> You can also use the search function with whatever words you can think of.
> Geographical features are commonplace map names, of course.

Thank you for your idea, I hope it will work
CR7ronaldo7

-

Postby Arthurlat » Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:10 pm

Something weird has happened to either my DOC Boundary or the latest Topo v12 map. Normally when I load the various maps Topo, DoC, Title Boundary, Strteet/POI to a GPS they all behave as designed, with the Enabled DOC map overlaying the Topo map and going away when Disabled.

However at some time in the last month or so the DOC map no longer overlays. Instead it just shows momentarily before disappearing under the topo. I know it is under the topo because when I zoom way in and pan the map cursor over a known boundary line the actual boundary line name will pop up at the top of the screen.

Weirdly the map behaved OK on the new Monterra but on all others it just shows momentarily.

Ive uninstalled and deleted earlier versions of the topo, reloaded topo, tried it before and after the recent typ file patch but no joy.

My question is what things might I have done on the computer to change the overlay behaviour of the DOC on the Topo map. One thing not tried is installing them on another computer and see what happens.
Arthurlat

Return to Ideas/Suggestions